As much as at times it pains me to admit at times, I love our cat, Leo (by ‘our’ I am referring to my wife and myself)! Helen (my wife) often jokes that Leo is our ‘hairy son’! I personally find being around animals therapeutic and generally great company, as a result I find myself observing his behaviour from time to time.
This has prompted me to share some light hearted advice on lifestyle lessons we can all learn from Leo:
1) Leo starts EVERYDAY with a small duration of exercise followed by consuming his (typically protein rich) breakfast. He never skips breakfast.
2) Leo is in tune with his body and eats when he is hungry. When he is full, he stops eating (most of the time)!
3) Leo makes eating a priority and doesn’t ‘forget to eat’.
4) Leo eats a variety of fish.
5) Leo ensures he drinks enough water EVERYDAY.
6) Leo allows himself time to rest
7) Leo ALWAYS gets enough sleep!
8) Leo is active EVERYDAY.
9) Leo allows himself time to truly relax.
10) Leo remains welcoming, playful & inquisitive of life. He is also always willing to explore his environment EVERYDAY.
I’m sure we can all learn from Leo and I suggest we would all benefit from being a ‘bit more cat’ at times!